Thanks to customized product properties and UV stabilizers proven over time, Bayco® is the ideal wire for use in vineyard trellising, foliage and fruiting wires. The advantages are:
• Easy and economic handling in the vineyard also in steep hillsides thanks to the light weight
(approx. seven times lighter than steel wire).
• Bayco® does not corrode but retains a smooth surface over a long time. Fertilizer and humic acid
will not do damage to Bayco®.
• No re-tensioning! Bayco® always stays tight. Once stretched, Bayco® does not require additional
• Bayco®’s good cold insulation prevents frost damage to plants.
• Because of optimum elasticity of Bayco®, mechanical harvesters only transmit vibrations to vines
near to the harvester zone allowing for lighter and gentler harvester settings (improved fruit
• The smoothness of Bayco® results in fewer shoots and tendrils becoming intertwined with the
• More efficient mechanical pruning (reduced manual labour to remove intertwined shoots).